On Saturday November 24th I will be co-hosting a Calisthenics & Bodyweight Strength Training Workshop. I will be coaching alongside Ollie Brown of Redevelop Movement.
The workshop will be at GAIN Fitness (a Norwich Crossfit box and probably the biggest & best I’ve ever seen or been to!) It will run from 1pm – 4pm with a 30 minute Q&A session after.
Within the workshop we will be covering:
- Proven methods for improving Strength, Balance, Alignment & Mobility for the Handstand
- A COMPLETE breakdown of both the STRICT Ring & Bar Muscle up, with drills suited to all levels – from people with a strict muscle up already to those without any muscle up exposure
- Correct form on all beginner ring exercises – including Pull ups, Dips, Rows & Push ups
- Effective programming & progression methods that ENSURE long term progress for all moves covered.
- The most effective bodyweight leg exercises & their progressions – so no more excuses to skip leg day!
- Ongoing support from the coaches after the event & a takeaway workbook including routines to implement all ideas covered & take your training to the next level!
Myself and Ollie have worked with numerous people on a purely calisthenics and bodyweight training basis now and we’re bringing our expertise, knowledge and experience together for your benefit – both from our own training experiences and the hundreds of hours we’ve spent with clients.
Getting access to grassroots level calisthenics in the UK isn’t all that easy. Most commercial gyms don’t have a setup to even allow it, let alone anyone who could coach it correctly. And the demand is clearly there……..cardio becomes boring and non-effective after a certain point, weights becomes too one dimensional for your liking and even when you think you’ll be saved by trying out all the classes, after 3 months of BodyPump you realise you can’t up your weights much at all anymore and you’ve seen just about every lunge variation ever made and, your shoulders hurt from all the flared elbow push ups……
We’re here to offer an escape from average, an escape from being generic. We’re here to make you move better, with purpose and with functional strength. Even if you’re someone who swears conventional weight training is superior to bodyweight training, I GUARANTEE you putting the weights down will not cause ANY strength or muscle loss. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Spaces are limited and we are offering an early bird discount until the 31st of October, where tickets will cost £29 per person. If you would like more info or to reserve a spot, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll sort it out for you.
See you on the 24th of November!
The 'brains' behind StraightTalkingFitness, a site all about discovery that leads to strength in all formats; fitness, mental, emotional and spiritual. Everything starts from within and projects outwards. Master the body, master anything and everything.